Poisoned Meat warning for Dog owners:
Warnings are in place in Gloucestershire for dog owners to keep an eye out for poisoned meat which has been reportedly found in popular walking spots in the Tewkesbury area.
A dog owner posted on the Tewkesbury Noticeboard advising people that a few spots in or around Northway, Tewkesbury had been targeted.
So far it seems 12 dogs have been affected by poisoned meat, and 3 have had to be put to sleep at the vets.
The dog owners post says that her friend found some kidneys tipped on the floor by a telephone box while he was walking his puppy, he picked them up and put them in the bin to be on the safe side.
“I have been in contact with the police who will be notifying the local vets and I have an incident number so if your dog was poisoned or died or had to be put down last week let them know.”
The lady pleads that anyone with any information to come forward saying: “If you know who did it dob them in please they deserve to be named and shamed and pay all of our vet bills and with any luck do some time in prison.”
Gloucestershire police force have said a woman living in Kingston Road, Northway, reported that her dog was very ill over the last few days and she thinks it was poisoned.
Gloucestershire police added: “She claimed that five other local dogs had been ill over the past week. She also witnessed two raw kidneys by a phone box in Kingston Road in the past week, which could potentially be related.
Anyone in the area is advised to keep any eye out for any strange dumped food that could possible be poisoned.
The original post from the angry dog owner can be found here Tewkesbury Noticeboard