Waterproof Dog beds
Waterproof dog beds are almost a necessity in the UK during winter. There aren’t many dogs that come in from a winter walk without mucky feet and will more often than not jump straight into their bed.
Most importantly The shift in modern technology has enabled materials with excellent cleaning and durability properties to be available to everyone.
Most important things to look for when buying a new dog bed?
- Toughness of the materials
Dogs can certainly be very destructive. As a result, you will need a bed that wont be torn apart. Most importantly beds can come with a large price tag therefore you need to ensure that it will last.
- Water resistance
Today’s Modern materials means todays waterproof dog beds are the best we have ever had. We have picked some of the best waterproof dog beds below.
- Height off the floor
As dogs get older their legs certainly wont function as well as they used to. As a result they may struggle getting in and out of a low bed.
Some dog beds are on legs to enable older dogs to get in and out easier. In addition to this a raised bed will keep the dog away from draughts or cold floors
- What size do i need?
The bed needs to fit you dog not too big or not too small. Beds or normally measured length and width. Next time your dog is curled up, to get an idea of the size bed they need, give them a measure.
The Best Waterproof Dog Beds
The petfusion ultimate is strong, robust, and most importantly waterproof meaning its easy to clean. The petfusion ultimate sits at the higher end of the market, so does appear a little expensive. It wont look out of place in you home either and comes in 3 color choices. PetFusion have done really well producing an orthopaedic bed that has excellent durability and longevity.
- Removable cover is machine washable
- Water resistant and tear resistant cover
- Grippy Non-skid bottom to help on tiled floors
- Solid 10 cm Memory Foam base for superior comfort
- A 12 month warranty is provided for any part that is broken due to a manufacturing defect
The Snoozezy dog bed design is primarily for dogs with arthritis and hip dysplasia. However, any dog will love to jump up onto the Snoozezy for a nap. The manufacturer carries out Over 10000 on the snoozezy bed, each with loads of over 80kgs continuously bouncing on the bed. This was to simulate a heavy dog jumping on and off over 10,000 times. The sturdy steel frame is coated to prevent rust which means it can be easily wiped clean or hosed down required.
- It lifts your pet off the floor and allows air to circulate which helps them stay at a comfortable temperature.
- Its more hygienic – The mat is breathable which prevents mould and mildew.
- Provides firm, uniform support for all pets, not just those with arthritis and other joint problems.
- Lightweight and portable and can be easily moved inside, outside or even taken on a camping trip.
- They with a easy to carry bag too for easy storage or transport.
- The dog wont be able to destroy The snoozezy bed as it contains no stuffing.
- Wipe-able polyester cover.
- The cover can be removed and washed if its gets very dirty.
- Steel Frame suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
The Dogs bed – Orthopaedic Memory Foam Waterproof Dog Bed is similar to the top rated Petfusion. It does lack the side bolsters that the petfusion bed has, however, it has a 10cm deep mattress or 15cm on the XL sizes.
Made from waterproof hypoallergenic Oxford fabric which is soft but tough. The removable cover like many other beds is wipe-able or machine washable. The fabric is resistant to moulds, mildews and dust mites and replacement covers are available.
- Excellent medical grade orthopaedic support for older dogs providing therapeutic comfort for arthritis pain, muscle stiffness, hip dysplasia, arthritis and aching joints.
- Machine washable outer cover. With additional inner waterproof cover.
- Premium grade, luxury memory foam, tested by experts to provide your dog with a mattress to compete with 5 star hotels
The P & L bed is one of the best beds for all wet and muddy dogs. The heavy duty hard wearing 100% polyester waterproof cover is easy to clean. The cover is wipe-able or hose-able. The bed has high sides to keep out any draughts and will insulate your pet from any cold floors. The base cushion is removable and washable when its dirty.
- Heavy duty cover made from polyester
- Cover is waterproof & water repellent
- Easy to keep clean and odour free.
- High-quality fillings sourced from the UK
- Durable and comfortable and made in the UK.
- Comes in a range of sizes and colors
The Joyelf Dog Bed is a great option for medium or larger breeds. The large bed has a capacity to take a dog of over 45kg, so you won’t need to worry whether your dog will fit in it comfortably. Its also available in smaller sizes. The bed also features a non-slip rubber mat on the underside, which will help to prevent accidents for that over eager dog jumping into bed!
- Suitable for dogs up to 45Kg
- Washable Cover
- Easy to keep clean and odour free.
- Non slip bottom
- Orthopedic foam mattress
- Comes in four sizes
Why get a water proof dog bed?
Theres are quite a few reasons to get a waterproof dog bed thats resistant to water and doesn’t get damaged by water. Such as
- Ideal for working dogs that might be out in any all british weathers
- Great for dogs who suffer from incontinence
- For young dogs who have yet to be housebroken
- For those who walk their dogs even In wintery British weather
There are all types owners who would benefit from Waterproof dog bed. A bed water resistant Dog bed will also last longer due materials resistance to water therefore protecting the bed’s inner layers.
Another option rather than dog beds are dog sofas