Dog Rescue Centres need our help this Christmas
Christmas holidays are the time of giving and caring. There’s always plenty of stories of people helping one another, but what about helping our furry doggy friends at Dog Rescue Centres?
Dog rescue centres operate all year round and get many donations but as Christmas approaches many people are tightening their purse strings. It can be a lonely time for the dogs in the rescue centres and unfortunately, around the Christmas period the number of dogs sent to centres can increase.
With this busier period and drop in donations, Wire Fence has generously decided to donate 100% of all profits made on the 18th of December to a chosen dog rescue centre.
Are you a dog rescue centre or do you know one?
If you are an organisation supporting the welfare of dogs during the holiday season we would love to hear from you. Or perhaps you have used or worked with a dog rescue centre then let them know about this great offer from Wire Fence.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Go to the Wire Fence Facebook page
- Find their post about the event
- Share the post publicly
- Collect as many likes as you can on your shared post until the 18th December
The donation will be sent to the organisation who gets the most likes on Facebook on the 18th.
Unfortunate facts about pets in the holiday season
- Over 4,000 animals were abandoned during the festive period across England and Wales in 2018
- UK charities are seeing an increase in dogs being sent to rescue centres over the festive season.
- Every year around 130k dogs come into dog rehoming charities looking for a new loving home and 2nd change in life.
We have included the post here if you wish to directly share it to your organisation’s page using the share button at the bottom of the post. (Please ensure the actual post is only shared on the dog charity/ rescue centre page as shares to personal pages wont be counted)